jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IndexingConfiguration jr 1.4 release, analyzing, searching and synonymprovider
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:21:21 GMT
On 8/22/07, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:
>...When running a query for different field, I use the JRAnalyzerImpl
as always, but by
> returning different tokenStream based on an analyzer I implicitely use different analyzers
> for each field that have it configured like this. Since this analyzer is used for indexing
> *and* querying, on a per field basis, it will always work....

Sure, but what happens with Marcel's previous example (earlier in this thread):

  //*[jcr:contains(., 'h├Ągar')]

You won't know which field name to use to select  an Analyzer, hence
the need for a configurable default analyzer for queries. That's
unless the above query translates to a big OR statement where each
field is queried with its own analyzer, I don't know how it is
currently implemented.

> ...Might this be a better solution for Solr querying as well?...

I think the default Solr query analyzer works as you indicate, but in
Solr's case the problem is slightly easier as a search that does not
specify a field name does not apply to all fields, but to a
configurable set of default fields.

So, consistent index/query analysis is easier to configure in Solr's
case, but the problem is basically the same: allowing per-field
analysis requires some clever analyzer (and/or documentation of the
potential inconsistencies) when multi-field queries are used.

-Bertrand