jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] JCR observation: adding "cargo" data to events?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:13:57 GMT
> ....Have you considered how something like that could
> be implemented already now as a Jackrabbit-specific extension?...

One idea (that might also be better than my former proposal for
JSR283) would be to add an additional setEventCargo(Object) method to
the JCR Session, instead of having to modify all the save() (and
move() as Thomas indicates) methods.

All operations that generate Events would then attach this cargo to
them, and the application can call setEventCargo when needed to
indicate what it's doing.

We could implement this in Jackrabbit by creating two cargo-specific
interfaces, one for the Session and one for the Event, and having the
Jackrabbit Session and Event implement these in addition to the
official JCR interfaces.

Is that in line with how Jackrabbit-specific stuff is done now, or do
you have another suggestion?

-Bertrand