jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: improving the scalability in searching part 2
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:46:00 GMT
(resend, apparently GMail lost track of the jackrabbit.apache.org DNS
name for a while)

On 8/14/07, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:

> ...Yes I did [1]. I do not think the suggested MultiPhraseQuery is the most performant.
> think the lucene ChainedFilter would apply better, though I'll try to find some time
> investigate it soon....

One thing that comes to mind would be to write messages (warnings to a
specific "performance log" channel?) to the log when such inefficient
queries are used, to help people find out why their queries are slow.

This does not solve the original problem, of course, but warnings
might help people in avoiding the current limitations.

-Bertrand