jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Questions about TX in Jackrabbit, JTA and Spec compliance
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:12:00 GMT
On 8/6/07, Cris Daniluk <cris.daniluk@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the DBMS supports the two-phase transaction (I believe Postgres
> does), then you could just use a JTA-enabled version of the JDBC
> driver and register the DB transaction to the existing XA.

How would you do that, technically, if everything you have at hand is
your own XAResource implementation? Am I missing some important
information the TM is giving me about the current transaction and some
way to dynamically register new resources?

> The only other option is to persist the changelog, effectively
> converting it into a journal. However, I think bringing the DBMS into
> the XA is probably the quickest way to solve this problem..

Hm, I doubt that. JR at its core stores content with calls to an
abstract interface, namely the Persistence Manager. It is this
component that may store nodes and properties inside a DBMS, via JDBC
calls over a single connection it acquired on startup. Changing this
to using a transaction-local JDBC connection looks more complex to me
than persisting the change log.

Dominique