jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Sling
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:39:01 GMT
> Felix Meschberger wrote:
>
> > Noel J. Bergman:
>
> [... snip ...]
>

> Seems to me that you might want to consider a binding for JSR-286 Portlets
> (using the Event mechanism to deliver the content to be rendered), rather
> than create a totally new UI component framework.  I can't see any reason
> why the nested includes would be an issue.
>
> Just a thought, and one that would need to be fleshed out.

IMO, if we want to keep this framework generic enough, I would
recommend no initial bindings, but rather a generic plugable
architecture that will further allow usage in component based apps
(being it JSF/Wicket/Portlet) or command based apps
(Struts2/WW/SpringMVC/etc.).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.