jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: IndexingConfiguration jr 1.4 release, analyzing, searching and synonymprovider
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:43:13 GMT

> for each field that have it configured like this. Since this analyzer is used for indexing
> *and* querying, on a per field basis, it will always work....

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
--------------------------
Sure, but what happens with Marcel's previous example (earlier in this thread):

  //*[jcr:contains(., 'h├Ągar')]

You won't know which field name to use to select  an Analyzer, hence
the need for a configurable default analyzer for queries. That's
unless the above query translates to a big OR statement where each
field is queried with its own analyzer, I don't know how it is
currently implemented.

The node scope query will always be performed with the default Analyzer. As one single lucene
Document contains a full indexed Field of all properties (all analyzed with the default analyzer),
and a indexed Field for each seperate property (possibly with some custom analyzer), this
should not be a real problem. Think it takes some documentation that explains that in rare
cases when you use specific property analyzers you may find a different result when searching
in a property then when searching in the node scope.

Regards Ard