jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Re: improving the scalability in searching
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:30:21 GMT

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> > Christoph Kiehl wrote:

> [...]
>
> > ok, I'm at a point where I think we should implement 3). I
> don't have
> > fundamental opposition against it and you think it is a
> good choice.
> > That should be sufficient ;)

> Christoph Kiehl wrote:
> Ok, great ;)

Well....if I start implementing the 1:1 mapping simultaneously and have to make this backwards
compatible also for old indices, I am afraid that I have to test all around the place. If
the new QueryHandler along with LuceneQueryBuilder and NodeIndexer would be chosen, it might
only take switching in the searchIndex configuration. Then, from 1.4 and higher, the old ones
might be deprecated before removed in the end?

Anyway, you're making the calls (as proper meritocracy should work :-) ), but I just am afraid
that I have to do a lot of 'if(newFormat)' parts all over the place. Could we reconsider 1,2
or 3 because the 1:1 mapping will probably be implemented at the same time? If you still prefer
3, I'll go for three.
Regards Ard