jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: improving the scalability in searching
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:25:02 GMT
> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> I would prefer a new QueryHandler class that extends
> SearchIndex or create a
> common base class for both the current SearchIndex and the
> new implementation.
> That way we can change the sample configuration for 1.4 to the new
> implementation while at the same time existing workspaces
> that are upgraded to
> 1.4 will still work.

Yes, I like the idea. I'll try to find a clean non-intrusive way for a new QueryHandler class.
I am not yet sure about how many parts must change for it, because the LuceneQueryBuilder
must change for my adjustments. Anyway, I'll try to implement it the way you describe. Hopefully
I have a patch next week,

Regards Ard