jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Re: improving the scalability in searching
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:33:30 GMT

> Christoph Kiehl wrote:
>
> We could use IndexReader.getFieldNames() at startup to check
> if such a
> field already exists which means we have an index in the new
> format and
> then use this information in MatchAllScorer to decide which
> implementation to use.

This is not possible AFAICS, since if you do a startup with an old index, index 1 document
again, do a restart, then we would see the index as "in the new format", while all previous
indexed documents still do not have this field.

ATM, I do not really see a way to improve finding nodes with a certain property without re-indexing.

Regards Ard