jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery(....)
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:29:33 GMT
Hello,

there seems to be two LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery methods, where the first looks like:

public static Query createQuery(QueryRootNode root,
                                    SessionImpl session,
                                    ItemStateManager sharedItemMgr,
                                    NamespaceMappings nsMappings,
                                    Analyzer analyzer,
                                    PropertyTypeRegistry propReg)
            throws RepositoryException {
            return createQuery(root, session, sharedItemMgr,
                nsMappings, analyzer, propReg, null);
}

This one never seems to be called AFAICS. Is this still there for legacy reasons? I need to
know this, because for implementing backwards compatible JCR-1064, I need to add a parameter
to LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery() in QueryImpl that indicates new index format. Now, the
method above is never used AFAICS, but I need to add in

return createQuery(root, session, sharedItemMgr,
                nsMappings, analyzer, propReg, null);

a parameter that states wether index format is new or old. So, can this method be removed,
or should I add default newFormat=true or false parameter? WDOT?

Regards Ard

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11