jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: improving the scalability in searching part 2
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:39:44 GMT
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > One thing that comes to mind would be to write messages
> (warnings to a
> > specific "performance log" channel?) to the log when such
> inefficient
> > queries are used, to help people find out why their queries
> are slow.
>
> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea. I created a jira issue:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1062

I think it is indeed very useful, because the longer I think for example about the slow 'like'
search, the harder the problem seems to become (The ChainedFilter solution I talked about,
just like MultiPhraseQuery is not possible because of analyzers with stopwords and stemming
which might have removed the first word in the like search you are doing)

performance log that explains people why something is slow is very nice IMO

Ard