jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject MatchAllScorer calculateDocFilter() flaw
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:13:42 GMT
Hello,

First of all,I am not sure what the policy according resolving/indication flaws/bugs in Jackrabbit
is? Is creating a JIRA issue the way to go or mailing the dev list like I do now?

Anyway, there is a flaw in MatchAllScorer.calculateDocFilter(). When you have just two nodes,
with different properties, like "myprop" and "myprop2", and you have an xpath String xpath
= "//*[@myprop], you get both nodes back (to be precise, you'll get every node that has a
property that startswith "myprop")

You can reproduce it by changing the SimpleQueryTest.testIsNotNull() a little:

Change

bar.setProperty("text", "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.");

bar.setProperty("mytextwhichstartswithmytext", "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.");

Now the test with xpath = "//*[@jcr:primaryType='nt:unstructured' and @mytext]"; fails because
2 results. I did test for the trunk and tag 1.3.1 and both have the same problem. I have attached
MatchAllScorer.java.patch in this mail, or should I create a JIRA issue for this?

Furthermore I would like to discuss a different implementation for the MatchAllScorer, because
IMHO the current calculateDocFilter() becomes slow pretty fast (see bottom email the code
part i am referring to: if you have 100.000 docs with "mytext" property, and you query  [@mytext]
the loop below is executed at least 100.000 times). I think it might be out of scope for the
user-list, or is the user-list the place to discuss something like this?

Regards Ard

TermEnum terms = reader.terms(new Term(FieldNames.PROPERTIES, field));
        try {
            TermDocs docs = reader.termDocs();
            try {
                while (terms.term() != null
                        && terms.term().field() == FieldNames.PROPERTIES
                        && terms.term().text().startsWith(field)) {
                    docs.seek(terms);
                    while (docs.next()) {
                        docFilter.set(docs.doc());
                    }