jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit name collision?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:27:17 GMT
On Aug 28, 2007, at 10:12 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...Just came across this:
>>
>>     http://jackrabbit.scalableinformatics.com/
>
> There's also "Jackrabbit reporting",
> http://www.eldocomp.com/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=84
>
> Remember that the official name of this project is "Apache
> Jackrabbit", so there's probably not much to do.

The two questions to ask are:

   1) who used the name first?
   2) is it being used in a way that would intentionally confuse
      people looking for Apache Jackrabbit owned stuff?

It looks like (1) is "the ASF", and (2) is "no", for both of these.
It doesn't look like either one is claiming a trademark on the
word Jackrabbit alone, within our field of use, so we don't have
any need to be concerned.  If the question comes up, we just point
them to our public archives as evidence of prior use.

....Roy