jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Antonio Carballo (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1037) Memory leak causing performance problems
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:33:42 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12518713
] 

Antonio Carballo commented on JCR-1037:
---------------------------------------

Thomas,

We use a workspace, no clustering, and can create the problem with one or more sessions. It
is faster to do it with one session.

I see that this problem will be very difficult duplicate on your end. I would recommend modifying
your test more to mimic more real-life situations. In other words, set more properties and
upload a document to various nodes. You are more than welcome to our test data.

Our application is not that big but would require some tinkering on your part to make it work
with your workspace-- Just a thought. We are more than willing to work with you in this area
if your time allows it.

Take care,
/Antonio C.



> Memory leak causing performance problems
> ----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1037
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Jackrabbit API
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.3
>         Environment: Tomcat 6.0, XP Pro w/1Gb
>            Reporter: Antonio Carballo
>         Attachments: JCR-Trace.txt
>
>
> Folks,
> We have been running tests on JCR v1.3 and v1.2.1 for the past two weeks. The system
keeps running out of memory after X number of documents are added. Our initial test consisted
of about 50 documents and gradually increased to about 150 documents. The size of the documents
ranged from 1K to 9MB. We later changed the test to consist of files with less than 1K in
length with the same result. Increasing the heap size delays the error but the outcome is
always the same (Servlet runs out of heap memory.)
> Using JProbe we found a high number of references created by the caching sub-system (SessionItemStateManager.java,
SharedItemStateManager.java, LocalItemStateManager.java).  We changed the caching parameters
using CacheManager (min 64K - max 16MB). This change only delayed the error. Servlet eventually
runs out of heap memory.
> We are more than happy to share our findings (even source code and test data) with the
Jackrabbit team. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.
> Sincerely,
> Antonio Carballo

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message