jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject A JCR with infinite capacity
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:43:28 GMT
I need a JCR that has infinite capacity.  This is for a photo
repository that would store millions of 5-10MB photos.  The photos
themselves would not change.  I need to be able to add

One idea that I've been toying with is to create a persistence
manager that manages multiple stores.  Some of these stores could
even be on other physical servers, maybe even be  a farm of servers.
I was thinking of managing the node and property states along the
same lines as the google file system manages blocks; I have some
ideas how this can be done simply.  Property and node states could be
duplicated for resiliance in the face of disk/server failures.
Another nice thing is that I could map the JCR path to a URL to the
actual file server and have the file server serve up the file w/out
having to go through the JCR metadata layer.

Another way might be to graft Hadoop as a FileSystem.

  I realize that this may only make sense in the limited application
of storing photos that are not modified.  Thoughts?

Regards,
Alan