jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple connections (Was: Jackrabbit, the database)
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:24:40 GMT
Hi,

> a larger binary
> A simple insert of 10MB will look up JR for few seconds, this is quite a
> problem IMO.

Sounds like multiple connections would help here... I didn't really
think about large binaries so far, because I thought they are usually
processed by the blob store (or global data store in the future).

> Another advantage is that jdbc pools can health check connections.

Maybe we should probably create a wiki page and put pros and cons there.

Reusing prepared statements is harder with pooled connections. In JDK
1.6, thanks to javax.sql.StatementEventListener, they can if the
connection pool manager supports it. In JDK 1.4 and 1.5, I am not sure
what / when connection pool managers can reuse them.

Thomas