jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database connections & queries
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:01:08 GMT
Hi,

On 8/30/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> We do have a very concrete problem which is related: an installation of
> our product which uses Jackrabbit for persistence keeps logging lots of
> warnings (in the order of thousands per day):
>
> Aug 29, 2007 4:56:33 PM
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.LazyQueryResultImpl$LazyScoreNod
> eIterator fetchNext
> WARNING: Exception retrieving Node with UUID:
> b11aa8a2-beed-4d24-95a0-592b6b193534: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException:
> b11aa8a2-beed-4d24-95a0-592b6b193534
>
> Re-building the search index does not help: the logging of these
> warnings just continuous. I just can't believe that these result from a
> save that throws away many nodes while another thread loops over a query
> result. Any thoughts on this?

That seems worrisome... Could there be a bug in the search index
update code for deleting entries? Something like that could easily
have been ignored so far if the only effect is a warning in the log
due to the current approach of simply dropping the results for which
an exception is thrown.

BR,

Jukka Zitting