jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database connections & queries
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:05:03 GMT
Hi,

On 8/29/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> That's a nice idea! But wouldn't it be confusing that one can get a Node
> object through the nextNode() method which does not exist in the
> repository anymore?

The search index should always be in sync with the persistent state,
so such situations should not happen.

> Would this proposal also make the Node.getNodes(String pattern) method
> less expensive? As I gather now all infrastructure for the child nodes
> is created but might not be used if the child nodes name does not fit
> the pattern.

All the node iterators should become faster for clients that just want
to traverse a tree without looking at properties or typing
information.

Currently the names and identifiers of all child nodes are stored as a
part of the parent node state, so there would be no need to
immediately retrieve the child node states when performing calls like
Node.getNodes() or Node.getNodes(Strin pattern).

BR,

Jukka Zitting