jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database connections & queries
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:55:14 GMT
Hi,

> On 8/22/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> > The current implementation of the LazyScoreNodeIterator is such to
> > ignore all RepositoryExceptions that might be thrown while loading the
> > nodes in the result set, as required by the javax.jcr.NodeIterator spec.
>
> I think the correct behaviour would be for the node iterator to throw
> an exception (unfortunately I guess only a RuntimeException would work
> here) instead of ignoring such internal errors.

A thought just crossed my mind... As mentioned in another thread a few
days ago, we could make NodeImpl to load the underlying node states
only on demand as long as we have just the node ID, parent ID, and
name of the node available. This way we could "delay" the exception to
a method like getProperty() that is allowed to throw appropriate
exceptions.

Besides, such a solution would most likely give a nice speedup to
clients that just want to get the names or paths of nodes that match a
query...

BR,

Jukka Zitting