jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Better Jira components
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:37:06 GMT
Hi,

On 8/8/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'd definitely like to keep the finer granularity in core.
> ideally there should be something like subcomponents
> but prefixing would be fine with me.

Eventually (perhaps starting with Jackrabbit 2.0) we may want to start
having separate release cycles for the different subprojects, which
means that we would also have separate Jira projects and components
for each Jackrabbit subproject. There's some overhead to doing that,
so I'd like to do that only when the pain of doing synchronous
releases (like nobody being able to review too big release candidates)
gets too big.

BR,

Jukka Zitting