jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR 2.0 extensions
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:32:17 GMT
Hi,

On 8/8/07, Christoph Kiehl <christoph@sulu3000.de> wrote:
> Sounds good. We just need to make sure that those jsr283 interfaces do not
> interfere with jsr170 interfaces because some Jackrabbit classes will need to
> implement both interfaces. But since jsr283 should be mainly backwards
> compatible this shouldn't be a problem.

Yep. In case we do ran up with compatibility issues, I think we have a
good case to request a change in JSR 283.

> Or do you want to start a whole new branch where all jsr170 interfaces
> are replaced by jsr283 interfaces?

We need to do that eventually, but I'd very much like to push the
branch point as far ahead as possible to avoid getting stuck with two
parallel actively developed codebases. Ideally we'd release 1.4 and
perhaps even 1.5 with early JCR 2.0 features included before dropping
JCR 1.0 from svn trunk and focusing on the real JCR 2.0 interfaces for
the Jackrabbit 2.0 release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting