jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, the database
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:07:28 GMT
I concur, relational semantics should be buried within the persistence
managers. However, I think that one can still delegate transaction
handling using JTA to the container rather than using synchronization
and connection.autocommit(false). Obviously this should be configurable.
Regardless of wether Jackrabbit wraps an underlying RDBMS or not
transaction management, esp. in a clustered environment, being handled
via the facilities available from one's container should reduce
application complexity. Otherwise, one has to go to jgroups or some
other project and embed that code which makes configuration/management
more difficult in a production environment. I suppose one could write an
admin console or expose via JMX admin functionality, however, some of
this would be duplicative of the configuration of the container.

-paddy