jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, the database
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:01:03 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>hi all,
>
>i can appreciate both positions, looking at jackrabbit as the datastore
>or looking at jackrabbit as running on top of a datastore (rdbms).
>
>personally, i don't believe that the latter perception will go away for
>quite a while,  so i think jackrabbit should support both views.
>
>in my experience, i have seen really three different
>views so far:
>
>A: i want to store the entire repository in a relational
>database. this allows me to use hot backup and clustering
>of the database.
>
>B: i want to store all the "meta information" in the database
>but i also have those really large blobs (movies) that i don't
>trust the database with.
>
>C: i want it to be fast & reliable and easy to deploy
>and run in production.
>
>(does someone on the list not fall into these three options?)

well, I want my local filesystem accessible via JCR and allowing me to
change files still with "vi(m)" from time to time.
Or do you consider that covered by A, B or C? But I guess my usecase is
probably neglectable as a usecase ...

>.ps: of course i have a personal preference but i think my preference
>is well-known ;)

I don't ;-) what is your personal preference?

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup