jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, the database
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 00:34:09 GMT
If Jackrabbit is to be the database then things such as transaction
isolation levels, etc. need to be addressed. If Jackrabbit uses a
database (ie derby) some of those can be off loaded to the db. However,
in that case Jackrabbit becomes yet another, albeit extremely
interesting, wrapper around an RDBMS. I think Jackrabbit is much more
than an RDBMS wrapper and that developing the API is just a part of the
overall system. IMO, moving away from derby and into a native storage
system sounds like the right direction.