jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Questions about TX in Jackrabbit, JTA and Spec compliance
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:31:58 GMT
I logged a similar issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1050.

It seems to me that Jackrabbit needs to decide if it is a data store or
if it leverages one. If it leverages one it should delegate the
transactional handling to the data store. If it is one is, there is a
lot of work to be done to ensure that transaction isolation levels are
respected, synchronization should not be the default state of the
repository.  Regardless of this question, it seems that there is a lot
of work to be done to rework some of the persistence mechanisms to
delegate transaction management to the container. I understand that
there is some thought to run jackrabbit in an embedded mechanism,
however, so far it seems fairly closely tied to running within (at
least) a servlet container. I like the suggestion of creating different
PMs for different cases. Further use of OSGi (as suggested by Sling)
could create a nice plugin mechanism for leveraging different PMs
(although the current xml based configuration files also address this).

-paddy