jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Padraic Hannon <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Re: Better Jira components
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:56:03 GMT
Managing releases that span multiple projects does tend to be a pain in
Jira as the version field is specific to a project. This means you
cannot query for all tasks for a release across multiple projects unless
you create a separate release field (at least that has been our
experience here at Edmunds).

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
> On 8/8/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i'd definitely like to keep the finer granularity in core.
>> ideally there should be something like subcomponents
>> but prefixing would be fine with me.
> Eventually (perhaps starting with Jackrabbit 2.0) we may want to start
> having separate release cycles for the different subprojects, which
> means that we would also have separate Jira projects and components
> for each Jackrabbit subproject. There's some overhead to doing that,
> so I'd like to do that only when the pain of doing synchronous
> releases (like nobody being able to review too big release candidates)
> gets too big.
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message