jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr mapping question
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:21:10 GMT
Hi,

Right now, I don't see strong use cases where it is interesting to store
"more" than the UUID with BeanReferenceCollectionConverterImpl &
ReferenceBeanConverterImpl. Is it not possible to have 2 steps : 1/ create
the referenceable object 2/ add the reference into another object ? If not,
keep your converter and we will see if others want to have the same
requirement. It is too early to modify thoses converters. I would like to
wait. You can also add a new Jira issue. By this way, others can vote on it.

br,
Christophe

On 8/16/07, Padraic Hannon <pih@wasabicowboy.com> wrote:

> We are using the repository pattern for our object retrieval
> (http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/repository.html) and I am trying
> to migrate from a typical ORM system (toplink, hibernate, etc) backed by
> an RDBMS to jackrabbit (actually CRX) using the jcr-mapping project.
>
> It appears that for child object the jcr project does what I would
> assume (NTCollectionConverterImpl) and stores the objects that haven't
> already been stored. However, if one does not one a referenced object to
> be a child but rather just a property with a reference then things start
> to diverge from what I would assume would happen. Perhaps, the error is
> in my modeling (entirely possible!), however, I would think that the
> Reference converters for both beans and collections would do more than
> just persist the UUIDs.

Would it be horrible if these where updated to