jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Hendriks" <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: Database connections & queries
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:57:33 GMT
> That seems worrisome... Could there be a bug in the search
> index update code for deleting entries? Something like that
> could easily have been ignored so far if the only effect is a
> warning in the log due to the current approach of simply
> dropping the results for which an exception is thrown.

There's an issue with Lucene 2.0 (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-669 and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-750) which might cause
IOExceptions. This is logged very clearly in the SearchManager.onEvent
method however and I haven't seen such messages.

The problem is that it happens on only one installation to which we have
very little access. We are not able to reproduce it and debugging is
therefore quite problematic...

Best wishes,

Martijn