jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ard Schrijvers (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1064) Optimize queries that check for the existence of a property
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:02:32 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1064?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12522147
] 

Ard Schrijvers commented on JCR-1064:
-------------------------------------

1 note:

In LuceneQueryBuilder.createQuery:

public static Query createQuery(QueryRootNode root,
                                    SessionImpl session,
                                    ItemStateManager sharedItemMgr,
                                    NamespaceMappings nsMappings,
                                    Analyzer analyzer,
                                    PropertyTypeRegistry propReg)
            throws RepositoryException {
        return createQuery(root, session, sharedItemMgr, 
                nsMappings, analyzer, propReg, null);
    }

I added  return 
               createQuery(root, session, sharedItemMgr, 
                nsMappings, analyzer, propReg, null,true);

so, default index format true for this static call, because this static call does not seem
to be used. Or could we better add it to the call of this static method? Or can we remove
this method?




> Optimize queries that check for the existence of a property
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1064
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1064
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: indexing
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.1
>            Reporter: Ard Schrijvers
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.4
>
>         Attachments: JCR-1064.patch
>
>
> //*[@mytext] is transformed into the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MatchAllQuery,
that through the MatchAllWeight uses the MatchAllScorer.  The calculateDocFilter() in MatchAllScorer
 does not scale and becomes slow for growing number of nodes. 
> Solution: lucene documents will get a new Field:
> public static final String PROPERTIES_SET = "_:PROPERTIES_SET".intern();
> that holds the available properties of this document. 
> NOTE: Lucene indices build without this performance improvement should still work and
fall back to the original implementation

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message