jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, the database
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:20:00 GMT
Hi Michi,

> well, I want my local filesystem accessible via JCR and allowing me to
> change files still with "vi(m)" from time to time.
> Or do you consider that covered by A, B or C? But I guess my usecase is
> probably neglectable as a usecase ...
I usually use a webdav or an smb mount to be able to use
vi directly on the repository instead of underneith it.
Works very nicely with macosx.

> >.ps: of course i have a personal preference but i think my preference
> >is well-known ;)
> I don't ;-) what is your personal preference?
I am not attached to the rdbms, if it brings no functionality from a content
repository api user or maintenance perspective.
So my personal preference is (C).
I want my repository to be simple, fast, reliable and easy to deploy &
maintain,
but as I mentioned, I can see how others who have a much more db-oriented
background feel differently.

regards,
david