jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR 2.0 extensions
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:17:14 GMT
hi thomas,

> > But since jsr283 should be mainly backwards compatible
> It's not. Some methods now return something that didn't before.
as christoph mentioned i think those are in relatively isolated places
so we would probably try to postpone any work that would
require the api change (which in my mind is very little) to
the latest point in time possible.

> > In case we do ran up with compatibility issues,
> > I think we have a good case to request a change in JSR 283.
> Maybe making the JSR 283 API backwards compatible is the best solution.
that would be ideal.
but since there are some obvious corrections needed, we would like to
make those fixes as soon as possible.
particularly, the example of adding a return value that you mention
above does not break existing code, therefore i consider it relatively
harmless and suitable for a 2.0 release.

regards,
david