jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Antonio Carballo (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-1037) Memory leak causing performance problems
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:25:42 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12518986
] 

Antonio Carballo commented on JCR-1037:
---------------------------------------

The isAutocommit() method returns true. Thus, the session is always saved.
===
We took ownership of the jLIbrary code and have modified several components to fit our goals.
jLibrary is dead on Sourceforge.
===
I will verify that the no other session(s) is created.
===
The application would have failed the instance its session was closed. So, I pretty certain
the active session is ever closed.
===
I'm pretty certain that we use a hashing algorithm to create the ticket. I saw that piece
of code somewhere but it escapes my memory in the exact way. I will get it to you once I get
into the office (USA CT time) this morning.

/Antonio C.

BTW: We used Camtasia Studio ($39.99) to create the video and uploaded it to its website.
Easy to use.


> Memory leak causing performance problems
> ----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1037
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1037
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Jackrabbit API
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.3
>         Environment: Tomcat 6.0, XP Pro w/1Gb
>            Reporter: Antonio Carballo
>         Attachments: JCR-Trace.txt
>
>
> Folks,
> We have been running tests on JCR v1.3 and v1.2.1 for the past two weeks. The system
keeps running out of memory after X number of documents are added. Our initial test consisted
of about 50 documents and gradually increased to about 150 documents. The size of the documents
ranged from 1K to 9MB. We later changed the test to consist of files with less than 1K in
length with the same result. Increasing the heap size delays the error but the outcome is
always the same (Servlet runs out of heap memory.)
> Using JProbe we found a high number of references created by the caching sub-system (SessionItemStateManager.java,
SharedItemStateManager.java, LocalItemStateManager.java).  We changed the caching parameters
using CacheManager (min 64K - max 16MB). This change only delayed the error. Servlet eventually
runs out of heap memory.
> We are more than happy to share our findings (even source code and test data) with the
Jackrabbit team. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.
> Sincerely,
> Antonio Carballo

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message