jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nodetype reregistration and JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:22:00 GMT
Hi,

I favour neither of both :-) I would favor a real node type management
API, which would allow more fine grained control over the node type
registration process (such an API will be coming with JCR 2).

The Stream based (CND or XML) API is too clunky: I registers all or part
or whatever node types in the file, it throws an exception, whose
message must be decoded to try to find out what is actually going on. As
a result, I like this method for simple first-time node type
registration, but it does not suffice it for real-world node type
management.

So, I would rather like to see some transitional Jackrabbit API, which
mimicks, what is currently proposed for JCR 2.0 and may later be easily
migrated. Yes, I am in desperate need for real node type management,
too :-)

Regards
Felix