jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSR-283 TCK?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:10:24 GMT
On 7/4/07, Arje Cahn <a.cahn@hippo.nl> wrote:

> ...I'm not sure whether this has been discussed on the list already, but
> what happens to Jackrabbit when the Apache JCP policy proposal gets
> voted in and the ASF will no longer accept a JSR-283 TCK? (or is that
> not the case..?)...

I'll leave it to others to comment on the openness of JSR 170 and 283,
but here are some links to give people more context.

I assume you refer to the proposal and discussions listed here:
http://davanum.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/implementing-jsrs-apache-radical-shift/

Note that the proposal is being rejected in the vote thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jcp-open/259

And I tend to agree with Roy when he says such decisions belong to the
ASF board anyway:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jcp-open/259/focus=288

So it doesn't look like the proposal will be accepted as is.

I don't mean to flag your question as irrelevant, but just make sure
people have the right context to interpret it ;-)

-Bertrand