jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Question
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:48:42 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

> In my experience I found that a lot of people that were interested in
> cross workspace references were not really looking for all the
> attributes of a JCR reference and either ended up putting all the data
> into one workspace (rightfully so, since the workspace metaphore is
> frequently
> abused as some grouping or even access control mechanism) or
> used for example UUID's as strings and resolved the reference in the
> application
> with a getByUUID() call on the target workspace.

Could you outline some valid use cases for using multiple workspaces? The only
one I found was having two workspaces: one for published content and one for
content. But this is just for our use case which is centered around CMS,
editing, publishing. I'm sure there are much more situations were it is worth to
consider using multiple workspaces. This might be helpful for newcomers as well
to show what jackrabbit could be used for.

Cheers,
Christoph