jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:57:50 GMT
Hi,

On 7/28/07, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> > I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release at
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/
>
> All sigs and hashes good.  However, I am getting test failures on
> OS X 10.4.10 (PPC) with java version "1.5.0_07"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing).
>
> All failures are because of
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: namespace: http://www.jcp.org/
> jcr/mix/1.0 not exported

Hmm, interesting. I briefly looked at the failing test case, and I
suspect that the problem is related to how the XML parser or
transformer handles namespace attributes. The test case first uses a
Transformer to convert the exported SAX events to a byte stream, and
then another Transformer to convert the byte stream to a DOM tree for
comparison. It could well be that the namespace attributes get lost
during that process with the default XML parser settings on your
platform. We saw and fixed similar problems in core before (see for
example JCR-367) but those fixes were never applied to the test cases.
I don't have a Mac to play with so I can't dig deeper.

If my reasoning is correct, I would treat the issue as a test case bug
to be fixed in a future release, and not a blocker to 1.3.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting