jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Promoting SPI from contrib
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:29:55 GMT
Hi,

On 7/3/07, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > At this point we could make jackrabbit-core depend on spi and
> > spi-commons for some of the generic functionality, even though we
> > wouldn't still use the RepositoryService or the other central
> > interfaces in jackrabbit-core.
>
> If we would want to have jackrabbit-core agnostic of spi, we should not
> add a dependency on it. This would possibly require adding the spi
> libraries to any web application without any pressing need.
>
> So, I am not convinced, that this would a good idea.

My rationale is to get us started on the path of reconciliation for
the two transient space implementations (jackrabbit-core and jcr2spi)
we currently have in Jackrabbit.

However, I agree that it's bad to bundle this goal with the issue of
promoting SPI from contrib, so consider this "jackrabbit-core depends
on spi" idea withdrawn until I come up with a more convincing
rationale or roadmap in a separate thread.

BR,

Jukka Zitting