jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Promoting OCM from contrib
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:12:05 GMT
Hi,

As has recently been discussed, I'd like to promote the OCM component
from contrib status to be released as a part of Jackrabbit 1.4. The
component is seeing increasing levels of use, and making a formal
release would make it easier for people to depend on the component in
external projects. Of course doing a release also means taking on the
responsibility of maintaining backwards compatibility. Do we have a
consensus that the component is ready for a release?

I personally have just a single concern; we should decide what to do
with the current separation into jcr-mapping, jcr-nodemanagement, and
spring components. I would preferably see just a single
jackrabbit-jcr-ocm component being released, so we need to decide what
to include in that component and what to leave in contrib. AIUI it
might make sense to merge jcr-mapping and jcr-nodemanagement into this
single ocm component.

BR,

Jukka Zitting