jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From qcfireball <qcfireb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:02:09 GMT

I spent about 2 hours looking for the appropriate forum to post this
question.  This one is the best I came up with.

Please forgive me, but my question is not Jackrabbit specific.

What I want to do is be able to refer from one node via a property to
another node in a different workspace.  For example:
WorkspaceA
    root node
        Node 001
            Property:REFERENCEABLE, value=??? can I refer to Node 00X, UUID
00000123??

WorkspaceB
    root node
        Node 00X
            UUID = 00000123

Is this possible in Jackrabbit?  Is this possible in other implementations
of the JSR-170?  Is this something that is not defined by the JSR-170?  I
have read thru the Spec, and it does not seem to address this, so I am
assuming that the JSR-170 does not address this.  It talks about
corresponding nodes (which I am not sure I understand yet), but this does
not seem to address the question I am interested in.

Thanks.