jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Konnikov" <konni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web app design pattern questions
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:21:30 GMT
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:52:00 +0400, Christophe Lombart
<christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Also, is there any documentation for getting started with this?
>
> I would like to work on the doc asap but they are some interresting info
> in
> the doc folder. You can generate it with maven. Anyway,  I have to
> review it
> due to a lot of changes since the move into Jackrabbit.

In documentation generated by maven missing pictures and on page "The
Persistence Manager Setup" very old information.

setup now more simple:

         session.getWorkspace().getNamespaceRegistry().registerNamespace("ocm",
"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ocm");

         String[] files = {"mapping1.xml", "mapping2.xml"};
         ObjectContentManager objectContentManager = new
ObjectContentManagerImpl(session, files);

         // register namespace "ocm" and nodetypes from
src/test/test-config/nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml

         MyObject object = new MyObject();
         object.set...();
         object.setPath("/some/path");

         objectContentManager.insert(object);

         object = (MyObject) objectContentManager.getObject("/some/path");
         objectContentManager.update();

         Filter filter =
objectContentManager.getQueryManager().createFilter(MyObject.class);
         Query query =
objectContentManager.getQueryManager().createQuery(filter);
         objectContentManager.remove(object);

         objectContentManager.save();

It is very simple!

>> So the wrapper class design isn't a good idea?
>
> not for me :-) maybe others can have another point of view

Agree. Why invent wheel!

--
Best regards. Pavel Konnikov