jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit press release
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:09:19 GMT
On 6/29/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:

> ...About 1.4 release of Jackrabbit, I'm less enthusiastic, because I think some issues
> should definitely be addressed...

I don't think Jackrabbit has to be perfect to warrant a press release.

Quite the contrary in fact, attracting more people to the project is
the best way to help it evolve.

So I agree with Jukka about making some honest (as opposed to
marketing BS) noise about 1.4.

> ...Maybe I'm not supposed to answer your mail, as I'm not a member of Day, and even
> not an official Jackrabbit developer, but now you have my point of view, whether you
> want it or not ;)...

Opinions from *all* community members are very welcome, thanks for
expressing yourself!

-Bertrand