jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:37:45 GMT
On 6/11/07, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...It sounds like MVCC (multi version concurrency control) in databases....

> ...Of course we don't need to rebuild a database, but maybe reuse some ideas...

These snippets, and the similarities between Jackrabbit's storage and
databases, make me think that collaborating with other projects might
help...I'm no expert on database internals, but has someone compared
Jackrabbit's persistence requirements with Derby's, or with those of
another Java-based database?

If the requirements match reasonably well, it might make sense to
collaborate with others, and maybe even create reusable "Java
persistence" components in a separate or sub-project?

Just my 2 swiss centimes...

-Bertrand