jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: jcr-rmi problems
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:37:53 GMT
qcfireball wrote:

> Tomcat server log shows that the RMI Objects are created in the RMI registry.
>
> I can retrieve an instance of the Repository factory OK via:
>
> ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
> final Object o = factory.getRepository(s);
>
> but when I try to "login" to the "default" workspace, I get the following
> RMI error:
>

> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.RemoteRepositoryException: error
> unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
>         java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: and: error
> unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
>         java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: and

This is a common error when using RMI. It took me some time to find out
what's happening there when it occurred to me the first time. The "and"
comes from the folder where your classes are which is probably something
beneath "C:\Documents and Settings". Moving your application to a folder
without spaces or setting the system property
"java.rmi.server.useCodebaseOnly" to true should solve the problem.

Cheers,
Christoph