jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: AW: Re: Loading Node without loading Binary Data
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:04:48 GMT
KÖLL Claus wrote:

> as you can see from my second mail i am using the bundle oracle pm.
> the node iterator which i get from a fulltext search has only nodes from type jcr:content.

> my opinion only to load the parent (where the meta data are stored)  does not really
work
> because if i make nextNode() on the iterator the binarys will be load and then it makes
no more different to get the
> parent node of the jcr:content node.

If you didn't change the default your binaries (which are bigger than
4096 bytes) will be stored separate from the bundle. That means if you
do nextNode() only the bundle without the binary should be loaded. As
long as you do not access the binary property with
node.getProperty(<name>) or node.getProperties() the binary will not be
loaded. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
Are you sure that you do not call one of those methods? May be you can
post some of your code?

> if i set the minimum blob size to a low value the binarys will be loaded only if i try
to get the property from
> the jcr:content node is this right ?

Yes, as explained above. But the default value of 4096 should be a good
fit in most cases.

Cheers,
Christoph