jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Loading Node without loading Binary Data
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:14:35 GMT
KÖLL Claus wrote:
> Is it possible to get a node without loading the binary data ?
> my search is very fast but i have a lot of huge pdf files and if i get a result set with
about 20 files
> i only want to get the name and some meta date from the node but not the binarys in the
first step.

AFAIK this depends on which persistence manager you use. If you use a
bundle persistence manager you can configure the minimum blob size. If
your binary is bigger than that (default is 4096 bytes) it is written
and read separately from the node state.
If you don't use a bundle persistence manager your properties are
probably only loaded on demand anyway.
I your case I would guess that binaries are not loaded until you try to
access that property.
Which persistence manager do you use?

Cheers,
Christoph