jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: About Jackrabbit repository model
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:47:52 GMT
Hi Frédéric,

Can you come with a more Jackrabbit-friendly architecture to deal with my
> contracts/contractors/contacts architecture, or the book/author/comments we
> read on this mailing list?

Well, it is probably not that easy to come up with such an architecture at
large. In your use case, I would suggest to not use same name sibblings -
use a counter or some other id to name the nodes. I assume this would
already solve many (if not most) of your performance issues.

Regarding hierarchy: There is no single rule to this. Given your contracts
(and other) lists, you could structure by geograhic location, by a number of
leading characters in the customer name, by contract year, whatever.

Maybe, if you drop same name sibblings, you might not even be required to
introduce hierarchies.

Regards
Felix