jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for managing JCR resources in webapps
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:41:05 GMT
Hi,

> I considered that but then we'd need explicit invalidation of the
> memorized repository reference. I want to be able to for example
> restart the repository accessed through JNDI or across servlet
> contexts without having to redeploy also all the applications that use
> the repository. Re-acquiring the reference for each method call
> achieves this in a clean and simple way.

ok

>     jackrabbit-jcr-servlet (depends on jackrabbit-jcr-commons)
>     jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-servlet (depends on jackrabbit-jcr-rmi,
> jackrabbit-jcr-servlet)
>     jackrabbit-core-servlet (depends on jackrabbit-core, jackrabbit-jcr-servlet)

No, I would say that there is only one single component for the
servlet integration case. Of course you would get dependencies on the
jcr-commons (you have this any probably) on rmi (true, but i you
require rmi, you need rmi) and core (worst actually, but if you create
a repository, you need this anyway).

If we start adding container support to the different components,
there is no apparent stop - or would you add support for Spring, Pico
Container, Nano Container, whatever-container to each of the
components ?

Regards
Felix

BTW: rmi depends on Xerces. Just to support XML import, this is rather
heavy, isn't it ?