jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: Re: Loading Node without loading Binary Data
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:40:35 GMT
hi christoph,
as you can see from my second mail i am using the bundle oracle pm.
the node iterator which i get from a fulltext search has only nodes from type jcr:content.

my opinion only to load the parent (where the meta data are stored)  does not really work
because if i make nextNode() on the iterator the binarys will be load and then it makes no
more different to get the
parent node of the jcr:content node.

if i set the minimum blob size to a low value the binarys will be loaded only if i try to
get the property from
the jcr:content node is this right ?

BR,
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Christoph Kiehl
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2007 11:15
An: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Loading Node without loading Binary Data

KÖLL Claus wrote:
> Is it possible to get a node without loading the binary data ?
> my search is very fast but i have a lot of huge pdf files and if i get a result set with
about 20 files
> i only want to get the name and some meta date from the node but not the binarys in the
first step.

AFAIK this depends on which persistence manager you use. If you use a
bundle persistence manager you can configure the minimum blob size. If
your binary is bigger than that (default is 4096 bytes) it is written
and read separately from the node state.
If you don't use a bundle persistence manager your properties are
probably only loaded on demand anyway.
I your case I would guess that binaries are not loaded until you try to
access that property.
Which persistence manager do you use?

Cheers,
Christoph