jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: Jackrabbit press release
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:15:46 GMT
I was not saying Jackrabbit had to be perfect, of course ;)
I was referring to Jukka's introduction about apache products and press releases : "some major
new stuff to be announced beyond the normal technical audience". And my interpretation is
that it should be big enough to :
1. attract more people (on this point I completely agree with you);
2. attract again some people discouraged by some previous lacks of the project.

But I agree making so noise about the 1.4 could attract some more eyes-and-brains on the project.
An another big release with fireworks, beers and girls for the 2.0?

Frédéric Esnault

-----Message d'origine-----
De : bdelacretaz@gmail.com [mailto:bdelacretaz@gmail.com] De la part de Bertrand Delacretaz
Envoyé : vendredi 29 juin 2007 13:09
À : dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: Jackrabbit press release

On 6/29/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:

> ...About 1.4 release of Jackrabbit, I'm less enthusiastic, because I think some issues
> should definitely be addressed...

I don't think Jackrabbit has to be perfect to warrant a press release.

Quite the contrary in fact, attracting more people to the project is
the best way to help it evolve.

So I agree with Jukka about making some honest (as opposed to
marketing BS) noise about 1.4.

> ...Maybe I'm not supposed to answer your mail, as I'm not a member of Day, and even
> not an official Jackrabbit developer, but now you have my point of view, whether you
> want it or not ;)...

Opinions from *all* community members are very welcome, thanks for
expressing yourself!

-Bertrand