jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: About Jackrabbit repository model
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:20:39 GMT

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D

> i tested write performance (adding a node to a parent with many child nodes)
> since this suffers with very large child node sets. using samename siblings has
> no impact on write performance.

Writing one node, even with thousands of child nodes already on the parent node is not bad
for performances, first, and for us (my company and the project) the writing is not critical,
but reading/searching IS critical. That's why my testing is - mostly - about reading/searching.

> i guess jukka meant that we should first gather a "real life"
> requirements/use cases list from user feedback rather than discussing
> architectures accommodating theoretical use cases. I agree with jukka.

I agree on this, a debate must be based on enough material. If ever I can help.....
But the architecture I'm using for tests is not coming from nowhere, it sticks very closely
to the projects needs, based on 4 previous version history use cases. So it may have a value
as a requirement proposal.

Frederic Esnault